When it comes to signing a contract, you might think that the only option is a physical signature. However, in today`s digital age, it is becoming more and more common to sign contracts electronically, especially via email. Here`s a step-by-step guide on how to sign an emailed contract:
1. Read the contract thoroughly: First and foremost, make sure you have read and understood the entire contract before signing it. This is important as once you sign, you are legally bound by the terms of the contract.
2. Print or download a copy: It`s always a good idea to have a physical copy of the contract for your records. You can either print a hard copy or download a digital copy to your computer.
3. Add your signature: There are a few ways you can add your signature to an emailed contract. The simplest way is to use a digital signature tool. Most email clients have an option to add a digital signature or you can use a third-party tool like DocuSign or Adobe Sign. Another option is to scan your signature and insert it as an image into the document.
4. Confirm your signature: Once you have added your signature, be sure to double-check that it is clearly visible and legible. Also, make sure that the signature is aligned with the signature line in the document.
5. Reply with the signed copy: Finally, reply to the email with the signed copy attached. Make sure to include a clear subject line, such as ”Signed Contract,” so that the recipient knows what the email contains.
By following these simple steps, you can easily sign an emailed contract and ensure that you are legally bound by its terms. Just remember to always read the contract thoroughly before signing and keep a copy for your records. Happy signing!